Saturday, August 13, 2016

I love ya tomorrow...

Annie. The story of a little red-headed orphan that stole the hearts of Oliver Warbucks, Grace Farrell, and many others. A fun and heartwarming story. And I'm glad to say that I've been a player in the WCT production of Annie Jr.
It has been a journey and I've loved every step of it - even with the large amounts of stress I was under when we started, because I was also in two other shows. Now this chapter is closing... tonight's performance will be the last on the WCT stage. We will be taking one performance to Temple on the 20th, but largely, this is it. I have gotten to work alongside people that mean a lot to me, in a place that means a lot to me, doing something that means a lot to me. And really... I'm not ready to say goodbye.

Emotionally, I frequently struggle with stuff, but the thought of going to the theatre and doing a performance with my people, gets me through a lot of the rough terrain. I don't know what I'll do without it.

I'll miss everything about it.

  • The quick changes 
  • The backstage dancing 
  • The feeling at the start of a performance
  • And the feeling at the end
  • The jokes exchanged
  • The reactions of a good audience
  • The excitement in my friends eyes 
  • The whole cast
  • Trying to remember good posture 
  • Moments where you nearly break character but you prevail 
  • Telling one another to 'break a leg'
  • The costumes 
  • Moments when you feel really good about how you gave a certain line
  • The set 
  • The crew and techies
  • The production team
  • Greeting the crowd
  • The moments when the cast gets to know each other better
  • The times when everyone can just goof off
  • The occasional pre-show dance party
  • Even the fact that this show's trend is: half the boys trying to flip water bottles and land them right side up
  • Cheering during curtain call
  • Acknowledging the techies
  • Little girls asking for pictures
  • The times of perfection
  • Knowing that everyone beside you, gave their all to the show, just like you.



I love this show. 

3 comments:

  1. Aw! You and everyone else in Annie Jr. made it such a spectacular show! I could tell that you guys had a blast producing it. I was totally sucked into the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to add: Thank you so much for giving your audience such a great time as well. :) I saw it in the middle of a hectic week and it really cheered me up.

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you came!!! And that it was cheery experience! :)

      Delete