Monday, June 29, 2015

Beautiful People: Parental Edition

Well, better late than never right? Beautiful People!

Hop over to Further Up and Further In to learn more!

This time we will be talking with Agent Steven Cary Hitchcock.



 He goes by Cary. And he's from my story Agents and Assassins (formerly known as the John and Naya story)

[key: Me, in blue. Cary, in red.]

Ok Cary. Thank you for coming to this interview.

You're welcome. But I really didn't have any choice in the matter did I?

You're right, you didn't, I know your pressure points.

You mean people.

Yeah, but I was trying to sound cool.

Ok. Perhaps we should get to the interview.

Oh, yeah. Now, these questions are phrased as though I am supposed to answer them, I'm not going to mess with rephrasing them, so just roll with it ok.

Ok.

Question 1: Do they know both their biological parents? Why/why not?

Yes, I knew both of them. They raised me until I was thirteen, when they died in a car wreck. Then I lived with my Grandma and Grandpa on Mom's side, and Mom's sister. 

I'm sorry for your loss.

....yeah... but I can think about them easily, and life with Gma, Gpa, and Aunt Sophie, was good.

Alright Q 2: Have they inherited any physical resemblances from their parents?

I look a lot like my mom. But I have the same eye color as my dad.

And what color is that?

Brown. Mom's eyes were green.

Question number 3: What's their parental figure(s) dress style? Add pictures if you like!

Well, Do you mean Mom and Dad? Or Gma, Gpa, and Aunt Sophie? Or perhaps you mean Jagger from D.I.D.? 

How about all of them.

Mom and Dad dressed like normal people. Gma dresses like she's stuck in the fifties, Gpa was pretty normal. Aunt Sophie is a little eccentric and she dresses like it; and I really can't explain it. Jagger likes to wear an open button-up or a jacket, over a t-shirt, with cargo-pants. Often camo somewhere. He doesn't have the best fashion sense. 
And... I'm probably going to regret that statement.

Haha, Ok. Next. 
4: Do they share any personality traits with their parental figures? And which do they take after most?

I'm often told I'm like my Dad, but I really don't see it, he was great, but we're nothing alike. I think I am more like a mix of Mom, Gma, and Aunt Sophie.

Then why do others think that you're like your Dad?

Perhaps because I was at one point interested in following him in his career of a Gemologist.

Hmm, I did not know that! Very good. 
The next question is number 5: Do they get on with their parental figure(s) or do they clash?


We all get along really well. Mom and Dad were great and we rarely clashed. Jagger and I often have differing opinions, but we haven't had any fights in a couple years.
6. If they had to describe their parental figure(s) in one word, what would it be?

Mom would be Loving; Dad would be Curious; Gpa when I was a child would be Gentle, but as he got older it changed to Distant; Gma is Surprising; Aunt Sophie is Enthusiastic or Eccentric; and Jagger is... Expressive.
7. How has their parental figure(s) helped them most in their life?

All of them are and were so encouraging. Without their support I wouldn't have gotten anywhere. I was pretty shy as a child and socially awkward. They all helped me come around to how I am today.
8. What was their biggest fight with their parental figure(s)?

Jagger and I once had a fight on irrationality. I had done something stupid and he berated me pretty soundly, and of course I argued back. Then shortly after that, He did something rash - though heroic - and got injured, so I was upset that he hadn't taken the proper precautions. 

What about with your parents?

None that I can recall.

Gma, Gpa, and Aunt Sophie?

None of us really fought.

Ok. Cool.
Next question...
9. Tracing back the family tree, what nationalities are in their ancestry?

We have a lot of German from both Mom and Dad's sides, beyond that, we're not really sure.

10. What’s their favourite memory with their parental figure(s)?

My favorite with Dad... I was eight I think and I had a crush on this girl that I knew. I told him about it and he counseled me to wait and see how things played out. As I got to know the girl better I discovered that she really wasn't very nice. I was devastated, so Dad took me out for Ice Cream, and we talked about all kinds of things.

With Mom, it was after a baseball game, when I was ten. I had gotten a splinter during the game and I was trying not to let anyone know that it hurt. But afterwards I showed it to Mom and she quietly dealt with it, so that my team wouldn't find out.

Gma and Gpa share a memory. It was a year after Mom and Dad had died I was having a lot of trouble in school, so they came and found me one afternoon, and announced that they were going to homeschool me from now on.

With Aunt Sophie... Hmmm, let me think... I have so many... Maybe the time we were riding a Farris Wheel, and we got stuck at the top, she didn't freak out or complain. And we ended up playing rounds of thumb war until we got down.

Who won?

I don't remember.

And what is your favorite memory with Jagger?

We were on a mission in a village - that must remain nameless - and I had gotten attacked by the local street thugs. Jagger came to my rescue. He took care of me, but never let me feel incapable.

Ok. Well, I'd love to hear more, but we are out of time. I've got writing to do!
Thank you Cary. I know so much more about you than I did before.

You're welcome. I'm glad to have been able to shed some light on my past.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS. LASKDJFLKDJFLKSDJFK. I loved reading this SO MUCH!!!! :) :) :) First of all, you and Cary are hilarious together. And I love his voice. He totally sounds so easy-going and cool. It was sooo interesting to get to hear all about his past!! *flail* Also the ferris wheel... *dying of laughter* That is awesome. :D Poor Cary though! :( I'm glad his grandparents decided to homeschool him--that's cool of course. ;) Also I am irrationally pleased and amused that Cary capitalized ice cream. He's fabulous.

    This post was awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete