Thursday, December 31, 2015

A New Year's Poem

Hi everyone!!!

In honor of the New Year I have written a poem!
Please feel free to tell me what you think.


Here's To The Past Year, And Here's To The New One

Another year is ending
A new one will begin
Bid farewell to the past
And let the future ring in

Another chapter is over
In the book we call life
Let’s pray the fresh pages
Fill with joy and not strife

I hope this new year
Is one where we’ll learn
And our lives be enriched
And for wisdom we yearn

I wish that this next year
May see me complete
The goals that I’ve made
And for years meant to meet

Let us not waste the year
Choosing to do nothing
For even when we cannot move
We can still accomplish something


Lord bless the new year
And the paths that we tread
For it is by Your grace
That we rise from our beds.

A happy new year
I wish to all of my friends
May we start the best one yet
As the previous one ends

Here’s to the past year
And all that it gave
For the fun that I had
And the friends that I’ve made

And here’s to the next one
Uncertain, untold
I look forward to learning
What it is that you hold 



Happy New Year Everyone!!!
~ Smithy Rose/Kayla

2 comments:

  1. I love every line of this!!! Especially:
    "Let us not waste the year
    Choosing to do nothing
    For even when we cannot move
    We can still accomplish something"
    and
    "Lord bless the new year
    And the paths that we tread
    For it is by Your grace
    That we rise from our beds."
    and
    "And here’s to the next one
    Uncertain, untold
    I look forward to learning
    What it is that you hold"

    Well, that was almost half the poem but I still had to quote it because I liked it all so much! Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! I'm honored that you like it so well. :) I had a great time writing it - though it was harder than I thought it would be.

      Delete