Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Resolutions

January 1st. The time of year when we suddenly decide that we are going to try harder and get more done, thus setting for ourselves tasks and goals that we will mostly likely not accomplish.
We fail time and time again, and yet we still do it. This persistence is quite endearing, but rather perplexing... Why do we continue to do something when we hardly ever seem to succeed?
But enough with these questions!
I will now join the masses in setting and announcing my goals/resolutions for this year of 2016!

1. Broaden my vocal range, both in notes and style
2. Finish the first draft of a novel that I have already begun
3. Participate in and win Camp NaNo
4. Participate in and win NaNoWriMo
5. Learn more dance - of various styles
6. Make a music video
7. Spend more time with my BEST FRIEND
8. Read more.
9. Take school more seriously
10. Audition for as much as possible
11. Do some form of exercise apart from dancing (I don't really expect that one to happen)
12. Have a healthier perception of myself and my abilities
13. Actually fulfill at least three of these...

*Edit: 14. Blog more regularly*

I think that looks pretty good - and unattainable - but I guess it will be nice to have a challenge.
Good luck to you all!

~ Smithy Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment