Thursday, February 2, 2017

"...If the world turned upside down..."

OK SO, if you know me then you probably know that I love musicals. They're kinda what my life revolves around...

...almost literally...

Anyway. One of the shows that I'm almost constantly listening to is: Finding Neverland.


Now, I haven't seen it, and though I have listened to it A LOT, I might have some things wrong.

It tells the story of author/playwright J. M. Barrie, and how he came to write the beloved tale of Peter Pan, the boy that never grows up. It covers topics such as self-identity, the rough road of being a writer, and keeping a childlike heart even as you grow older.

The music and lyrics are so beautiful and fun! I love every bit of it. And the cast recording has fabulous performers such as Matthew Morrison, and Laura Michelle Kelly, giving their beautiful voices to the show.


The songs resonate with me, and I feel like I can relate to the characters. I connect to them.


I love it.

You should too.

But if you don't... I'm supposed to say that that's okay, but... is it really?


No comments:

Post a Comment