Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Things I'm Grateful For

Don't get worked up, I know that Thanksgiving has passed already! ;)

But the thing is, Thanksgiving has always been a bit weird for me. Most people take the day to focus on being grateful of things they take for granted... but growing up poor, abused, and isolated, gives you a higher appreciation for everything good, and you don't tend to take things for granted. So... I've always kinda thought that it was weird for people to spend ONE DAY a year being ultra grateful.

But! That being said, I do sometimes just want to list some things that are good in my life. And here it is:

British accents - all of them (I find them calming and/or moodlifting)
Theatre
Musicals
Costumes (I think it's really cool that it's acceptable to dress up as almost anything)
Domesticated Cats (seriously. they make life so much better)
Decent Internet Speed
Good Coffee
CATS
Red-heads (so gorgeous) 
Books About Cats
Freckles (I love freckled faces!)
Art In All It's Glorious Forms
Books That Feature Cats
Friends That Let Me Borrow Their Book That Features Cats (thx Margaret!) 
Good SciFi
Little Siblings That Love To Give Hugs
A Math Teacher That Cares About Her Students' Mental Health
Chocolate
The Moments When Your Cat Chooses To Curl Up At Your Feet While You're Drinking Good Coffee And Writing A Blog Post Thanks To Good Internet

Thanks for stopping by! I'm hoping to post more often again. But we'll see. 

1 comment:

  1. BRITISH ACCENTS. I love themmm. :D I love my cat too. Hurray for good internet and chocolate! And yes, being thankful is a wonderful thing and I love your list. Thanks for sharing! :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete