Friday, February 2, 2018

Dear Self (#2)

[this is a series that I am making to remind myself of the good things in life, and to tell myself that I have value even when I can't see it. I hope that you can also take comfort from it.] 



Dear Self,

Today has been good and will most likely continue as such. You allowed yourself to show passion for something that is often undervalued - that is more admirable than you realize; and through talking of your passion, you were shown talents and skills that you have learned and are still mastering, but that are not easy, and are well worth valuing in yourself. Don't lose the flame of passion, don't let others succeed in attempts to snuff it out, and remember that as a flame needs oxygen so does love and passion, bear it proudly, don't hide it away in the caverns of yourself that were carved by trauma and sorrow, for nothing good can flourish there forever. That passion will warm you when you are cold and feed you when you are hungry, it will burn away the cages that you find yourself in. Trust it, care for it, and let it see the world.
But also, passion isn't the only thing that gives you value. I know it's hard to see, but you are loved and you are helpful and you are worthy of the affection you so earnestly yearn for. You are and will give back to the world, and when the time is right every one - even you/I - will see that.

With wholehearted sincerity,
                                      Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment