Thursday, May 7, 2015

Beautiful People: May Addition

Today I will participate in Beautiful People,

It is a monthly writer's link-up hosted by Sky over at Further Up and Further In, do go and learn more.

Now for the character that I will examine... John Fletcher! From my novel currently nicknamed "The John and Naya story" I would include a picture but I don't have one. Now for the questions!

1. Do they get nightmares? If so, why or what of? Well... mostly they are about his friends and family dying. I can't really say more without reveling a spoiler.
2. What is their biggest guilty pleasure/secret shame? He secretly likes "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" but he would fiercely deny it.
3. Are they easily persuaded or do they need more proof? He is pretty easily persuaded.
4. Do they suffer from any phobias? Does it affect their life in a big way? He doesn't have one until he "joins" D.I.D, but then he acquires the fear of being drowned, not drowning, being drowned. Meaning someone keeping him under the water until h suffocates.
5. What do they consider their “Achilles heel”? He feels that there are many ways that someone could take him down. Therefore he doesn't think that he has an "Achilles heel".
6. How do they handle a crisis? Depends. But usually he becomes calmly reckless, and can't think clearly enough to handle it.
7. Do they have a temper? Not really. But he can explode if there has been a build up of things he doesn't like. For example, he can handle Naya for quite some time, but after a while, one of her comments will hit the wrong button and he will respond loudly, and only verbally.
8. What are their core values and/or religious beliefs? He's a Christian, and that's about how well I can sum it up.
9. What things do they value most in life? His family and friends, and his camera.
10. What is one major event that helped shape who they are? Well... the one I want to say is a spoiler that happens shortly before the book begins... So I guess I have to pick another one... Ok so... I don't have one that isn't a spoiler. Sorry.


So there you have it. :)



John waited until a few awkward moments of stillness had passed, to plop down beside her and ask, “Now what?”

5 comments:

  1. He likes, My Little Pony. Trying not to laugh at him :)
    My camera is like one of my limbs, so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Little Pony, hmm. I wouldn't tell anyone either, unless I walked into a Brony convention (they exist).
    Nice list! What genre is your book, or is it general fiction?

    my link here: http://rlhendrian.blogspot.com/2015/05/beautiful-people-for-writers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's modern fiction. Set in an alternate earth - same world, different names.

      Delete
  3. I had to chuckle about the My Little Pony part. : ) And him having so many Achilles heels that he can't pick just one. Poor guy!
    This sounds very much like John! I can't wait to read more of his story ... I'm especially curious about the being drowned part ... I wonder what happens to give him that phobia???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. XD He's a Brony? That's funny. *stalks other comments* Alternative history? That's cool!

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete