Friday, August 28, 2015

Warning: Some May Find This Content Depressing

                                   ATTENTION: THIS POST IS KIND OF A MESS.
But than again, I am a mess, so it's really not surprising.



Picture this: It's 2:00 am. A sixteen-year-old girl is lying on her bed listening to Happy/Sad from The Addams Family Musical, bawling her eyes out, because the song is giving her a picture of a father-daughter relationship that she never had.

Yes. That girl is me.

And I was crying because instead off a loving, caring, father - I got a monster.

I used to think that I didn't mind, not having someone in the role of "dad". But maybe I was wrong. (Or maybe it's just 2:00 am.)

I went through a life that NO ONE should have to endure. I was betrayed by a person that should have been there for me. And I've come out very battered, bruised, and scarred.

One of my first instincts, is to distrust dads - in books, in movies, in real life. And this obviously stems from my own experience.

I can't imagine what a good relationship with a father-figure is like. (And I have a good imagination.)

My Only Nightmares, Ever, Are About Him.

And so, when I listen to that song, I imagine being in Wednesday's place.
But why am I crying over the song? Because I find it so amazing, and beautiful, and I wish that I had someone that could/would sing that song to me.

I am a person that feeds off of feeling things, and so the knowledge that I will never have the feeling of a great relationship with a father-figure like that; it really gets to me.

Still, having no father, is far better than having a bad one.

~Smithy Rose

P.S. And if you haven't heard the song Happy/Sad from The Addams Family Musical I highly suggest that you go listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment